Monday, January 12, 2009

My business

Since my fiance started up his own business I have been thinking a lot of all the businesses I hope to own someday, or how we could possibly expand his in the future. I'm a big time planner even though I realize things usually don't go according to plan, its just what I do and I have fun thinking about it. Anyways, since the type of businesses I would like to own won't become a reality anytime soon (if ever) I have been thinking about the small "business" I already have, or should I say had?

When I was a freshman in high school I started designing and selling handmade jewelry. It was just something I did on the side for fun. I occasionally held "jewelry parties" and sold my items to anyone interested. Some people I knew even offered to help sell my items to people they knew. I even had "employees" (my cousins who helped "design" new things, which was paid by commission). I kept tack of EVERYTHING and was very organized, which is why I will be dealing with the money and paperwork for Tommy's business. I received a lot of compliments, orders, and was even told a few times I should rent a booth of some sort at a craft fair or sell them online. I always wanted to expand my "business" but never got around to it. Then eventually I just stopped.

Now, I'm thinking of starting it up again and actually making the business official. Business cards, a website, you name it. I want it all and Tommy is all for it and supports me 100%. Even though I'm anxious to start it up again right now, I will be waiting till after we're married when things have "cooled down" and I can devote more time to it.

Now all I need is a catchy name. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

No comments: