Friday, December 12, 2008

Fed up

I am so sick and tired of people underestimating me and assuming I don't think things through. Just because I'm doing something you personally wouldn't do doesn't make me an idiot! We're all made to have free will, not act like robots.

I've been told by so many older people (meaning people that could be my parents) saying that even now that they're "all grown up" and with kids of their own, looking back their parents didn't always make sense and the things they were told had to be done a certain way weren't always "right". They were even sometimes flat out stupid.

I'm not saying that I know everything or that I know better and those older than me don't know what they're talking about. I realize those older than me have gained life experience which I do not have much of yet since I'm only 22. But what I do know is no one but myself and God will ever know how I think, what I know, what I feel, etc. No one but me is me (if that makes any sense). Just like I will never know or completely understand those things about another person. But just because I'm a young adult, it doesn't make me stupid, or unwise, or naive, etc. You can't categorize everyone the same because everyone is different. Even though those categorize and stereotypes are around for a reason (reason being that the majority falls under them) IT DOESN'T MEAN WE ALL DO. You can't truly know what goes on in my head unless you're actually inside of it. So until then give me some freakin credit and stop treating me like I'm a stupid kid.

I'm telling you right now, I'm smarter than most people know. I'm WISER than most adults. I think EVERYTHING through before I make a decision whether or not I will do it. I think about how it will affect my future. I think about the pros and cons, ETC!

Your stupid little comments and assumptions PROVE you don't know me as well as you like to believe, and what you think of me is completely inaccurate.

I was told that in order for this person to stop treating me like a child that I probably need to prove myself to them. And that makes "sense". But why should I have to do that? I've made mistakes in my life just like everyone else. We're all imperfect humans so mistakes are apart of life. But, I have NEVER made a serious mistake. I never did drugs, drank underage, I never stole, I didn't even get married at 19 when I (we) originally wanted because we saw how stupid that would have been, blah blah blah. I didn't do any of that. Even though I had friends like that, I was never influenced to do it. Why? Because I thought they were stupid. I didn't even do things that most people my age did that was acceptable. I never went to parties, I didn't even go to my prom. Why, because I just didn't want to and I saw the possible dangers that could have been there. So tell me why I need to prove myself to anyone. I've already done it.

No comments: